Monday, February 8, 2010

How to Up Your Skill Level

A lot of people have been asking me how to get your skill level up. People think that your level goes up from getting picks, tugs, and sacks, but these "skill" points are for that stupid season showdown (read previous post about my thoughts on this). To get your skill level up you have to do one simple thing, play and win games. When you win, depending on who you play, and what teams were used, and where you play, depend on the amount of points you receive. For example if I am Florida playing Miami at home, and beat a crappy player like a level 2 or 3, I am not going to receive hardly any points that go towards increasing my skill level. If I am Miami and play away at Florida against a good level 20 player, I am going to receive a lot of skill points. Losing will screw over your quest for that high level. When you lose games it cancels out about 2, 3, or even 4 of your wins, for example, if you get 30 points for a win, you will get negative 90 points for a loss. To best get your skill level up play players similar to your level that you think you can beat, avoid playing really good players you will probably lose to (like me) and play people you think you can beat. To get extra points, try to always play away.

8 comments:

  1. So it doesnt matter how many skill points I rack up in a game for levels? what about when someone quits...does it just matter that I win??? I can super sim then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about losing points for sportsmanship...does that matter at all to level advancement???

    ReplyDelete
  3. no not at all, that is all for season showdown. i have like negative 600 spotsmanship points every day

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya you can can super sim and still get all the points you normally would

    ReplyDelete
  5. so I assume it's the same when someone quits....you can extend mercy and receive all the same points...

    You know how much time this will save me??? I was playing out each game to the end, racking up skill points which I thought were helping in level advancement, and come to find out it doesnt matter! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. if you don't have a life and can play 60 games a day against lv 1 guys like spurrier era does then you can level up quick

    ReplyDelete
  7. And if u are ahead it doesnt matter if they quit in the middle do they?

    ReplyDelete