Friday, December 18, 2009

Some more good defensive tips

I have really been experimenting with defense lately and I found a few good plays worth mentioning.

Nickel 1 5 5 in the multiple d playbook, run Cover 2 Sink and put your best DE at your backup ROLB. This defense works best when I use conservative loose zones, press the corners, and spy your MLB. Spread your backers out, and do not be afraid to drop your DT in pass coverage on passing situations. This defense works best against running QB's and really stops everything in the pass game besides some side pocket throws and short stuff. If you want to stop the run back up your corners and run commit middle.

Quarters 3 Man Contain, press your corners and run commit middle. Control the MLB or middle saftey and look to stop the run if it bounces outside. This stops every pass play except some quick and intermediate corner routes and quick flat routes. User control to take away the flats and your safeties will rally to make the tackle.

In the 4 3 playbook use the 4 3 Under defense and select the 3 cloud with the field corner playing the flats. This is a great defense against the run and play action passes. The backside flats are vulnerable so I will contain my weak side DT and control my weak DE to help the weak side pass threats.

All of these defenses I stole from other people online and figured out what exactly what they do by carefully examining their defense throughout the game. Read the other ones that I have posted on this site, and post some of your favorites.

I have a secret defense that I will not tell anyone, but for the right price I may share it.

8 comments:

  1. is that the only defense good for stopping the scrambling QB? im in an online dynasty where everyone has a scramling qb and if i dont DE contain they scramble out..if i do DE contain they run up the middle with qb. if i blitz they pick me apart. and if i do DE contain with spy it stops the running qb but they will just sit in the pocket and pick me apart..i run 3-2-6 and usually a cover 3. any help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put a fast de at nose and spy him, contain your other ends. When he tries to run up the middle the spy will tackle him. Also try blitzing the edge with a use controlled player and containing the opposite end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey craw.

    BYU4EVER here. I only play BYU and I never boost, and I'm usually hovering around top 30-40 on leaderboards.

    I can pretty much pick apart any zone defense, but I am having the damndest time against cover 2 or 3 man press, especially if someone loves to run commit.

    I saw your comments on how to break someone if they are going man + run commit, and I will try those.

    My question is how to run an effective man press of my own. Can u talk more about that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. any dime and quarter formations with man press work well. the key is that you have to get to the QB before the coverage gets broken. run a regluar dime. cover 2 press. call the pass to one of the wr on the left side of the field. contain the right end. and user blitz with the left saftey from the cover 2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ya but this can screw you if you do not get to the qb

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah but if you can get it to work ealry in the game and get a few cheap picks before they realize how to beat it then you've accomplished your goal...its gamble, as is any type of blitz or man press.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey craw...thanks for your tips...I was at level 40 when I started implementing your tips..now I'm at level 15. This stuff works, no doubt.

    I got a question about the 3-2-6 defense. I've played a couple people who do a man press, with inside corners blitzing. If I try to run, the run commit middle and cannot get many yards. If I try to do play action, the short routes are covered, and because of the blitz I have no time to go thru my progressions.

    So I get forced into shotgun passing usually, but the short routes are covered so well, and I dont have time to get it downfield to a reciever.

    I would love to learn that defense, and wondered if you had any thoughts on what they may be doing??

    ReplyDelete
  8. update...I'm #7 now, and I have to say that the tips I have learned from craw have made it possible. He IS the true #1 player of all time, hands down.

    ReplyDelete