Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Some Basic Offensive Tips

Hello, Mr Craw here talking basic offensive strategy. NCAA 10, unlike other years, actually makes it somewhat difficult to score on a regular basis. If you want to move the ball and score consistently, you need to have a plan of attack by running different plays against various defenses. When you play online, watch your opponent's safeties, they will tell you what coverage they are in. I like to go to practice mode and watch how safeties roll into different coverages. Get good at recognizing coverage, if you aren't sure, send a guy in motion - if it is man the defender will follow him, watch the safeties to see 1 high or 2 high coverage. If your opponent is running a lot of man, you need to have some solid man beaters, get good at throwing slants and corner routes. Man is all about match ups, your RB is always a good option against the man because he is usually being covered by a slower, less athletic MLB; The same goes for receivers, put your good, fast WR's in the slot so they are running against safeties and backers rather than the starting corners. Work the sidelines and deep middle against cover two, attack the safeties with vertical routes and posts from your slot WRs. Against cover 3, attack the seams and try to throw in the windows between the LBs in the middle of the field. Running the ball against zone is usually better than running against man, especially if your opponent is NOT running aggressive zone coverage. It is also good to have some good plays against the blitz; I like to throwing the slant, seam, and quick flat route. If you know the blitz is coming it is a good idea to hot route your RB or TE to block, this allows you to sit in the pocket and complete the throw yards down the field. When you play online, don't just call random plays, see what your opponent is doing and run plays to attack the weak points of his defense. O yeah and maybe more importantly, don't be predictable! It is so easy to defend against people who run the same plays over and over. Make sure your pass game is balanced with your run game, i like call a pass and audible to a run if he is not stacking the box. Hit me up with a comment for specific plays to beat different defenses or let me know about some good offensive plays you run.

6 comments:

  1. I have an effective play in the West V playbook its in most playbooks. (X Follow) audible x to do a delay streak route by hitting y then x then up on the left stick. Then audible y to go up and over by hitting y then y then right on the arrow key. Sit in the pocket and look for a to be open and throw a bullet pass to the left when passing to him. Also your RB gets open on man a open on zone and b and x will get open from time to time. I found this play today its extremely effective try it out craw and let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this play bro, I've been running it 3 or 4 times a game

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to playing live and just played my first game... The guy I was playing kept user blitzing with the corner and caused me all sorts of trouble. When I tried to roll out, it seemed he had always called a corner blitz and there would be another corner waiting for me (He was generally in dime or nickel formations). I wound up scoring 14, and 7 of those came off an INT return.
    I was wondering if there is a strategy to slow the corner blitz or to attack a soft spot in his D? He was also always pressing my WR's so I couldn't complete the quick slants I generally turn to...

    ReplyDelete
  4. smash works great against zones that dont have buzz zones

    ReplyDelete